SOUTHERN UTAH BACKPACKING TRIPS
Journey to some of the most incredible destinations in Southern Utah! Sleep under the stars, explore oasis’ and slot canyons, and cool off in swimming holes and waterfalls. There’s so much fun and adventure to find, and so many memories to create!
Our backpacking trips in 2022 will mostly be private, custom experiences. Custom dates are available through the spring and fall- contact us in advance for planning.
You’ll be carrying everything you need for the trip in a top-of-the-line, fitted backpack we provide. Pack weights vary between 25 and 45 pounds, depending on the area, the duration of the trip, the time of year, and your height and weight.
We provide everything except clothing, footwear, rain gear, personal items, and a couple small gear items. All the gear we provide (backpacks, tents, sleeping pads, sleeping bags, trekking poles, cooking gear) is top-of-the-line. Also, you can request to share a tent with others in your party or have one to yourself.
All meals are included from breakfast the first day through lunch the last day, and your guide will prepare all meals.
EXAMPLE TRIP OPTIONS
- Capitol Reef National Park
- Spring Canyon overnight (2-3 days)
- Upper and Lower Muley Twist (2-4 days)
- Halls Creek -) 2-4 days)
- Grand Staircase-Escalante National Monument
- Escalante River – can include day hike to swimming holes of Mamie Creek
- Boulder Mail Trail – Death Hollow – Escalante River multiday
- Little Death Hollow
- Davis Gulch – find your solitude on this remote slot canyon backpack
- Reflection Canyon
- Glen Canyon National Recreation Area
- Coyote Gulch (permit application still pending)
- Porter service (up to 30 lbs of gear) – $350 per day